1st Year Apprentice Diesel Mechanic
- Work + Learn Directly with Scania Australia
- Globally recognised band
- Be Paid Above Award Rates
Scania is a world leading manufacturer of trucks, buses and industrial marine engines with an enviable global reputation in the market for quality and service delivery. We provide total transport solutions through the highest quality vehicles and services. In 2018 we've launched the New Truck Generation providing the safest and most fuel efficient trucks in Australia. We've won the independent BIGtruck 1000 point test for the second consecutive year.
Our success is based on our core values - Customer first, Respect for the individual, Elimination of waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity. We pride ourselves on arriving to work each day with a goal to instill these with each truck we service, sell & deliver.
Jump-start your career via our Scania Apprenticeship Program. Scania offers a dynamic and fulfilling work environment. Your unique background, ideas and energy will all add to Scania's success.
- Direct employment at a Scania branch
- Supervised 'on-the-job' training
- 'Off-the-job' training at both the local TAFE & the Scania National Training Centre
- Certificate 3 Trade Qualification
- Work with a state-of-the-art product across multiple industries
- Opportunity to participate in the global Scania Top Team Technician competition
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS:
- Mature and responsible attitude
- Good work ethic
- Willing to commit to structured training
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Willing to learn new skills
- A 'can-do' attitude towards work now
- Mechanical work experience will be highly regarded
You will often here employees talk about the 'family feel' that Scania's culture holds. You will feel welcome and supported from your first day making it easy to go up to anyone at any given point to ask a question or advice. Everyone is working towards a common goal and that is evident within the culture supporting Scania's Core Value 'Team Spirit'.
- Work directly for a large global company
- Learn a trade while being paid
- Ongoing training and development even after your qualified
- Paid TAFE fees and travel-related expenses
- Supplied uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) - We'll even wash them for you
- Supportive mentoring and coaching from experienced tradespeople
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Above award wages
If you want to jump start your career with Scania Australia, click the Apply button and submit your resume. For further information, please contact Sarah Dwyer on (03) 8595 3313. Apply now to drive your career forward!
To be a part of the January 2019 apprentice intake
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: