Trainee Crown Project Officer - 3 Roles
Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
• The primary focus of these roles, as part of a team, is to capture land status information into textual and graphical databases; to facilitate electronic searching and retrieval
• Significant training provided to develop a range of skills and experience
• Are you willing to participate in and complete competency-based training requirements within 12 months?
• Fixed-term positions, for a period of 18 months, with the opportunity to become ongoing
• Melbourne CBD location, a stones throw to Parliament Railway Station!
About the Department
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) brings together Victoria's planning, local government, environment, energy, suburban development, forests, emergency management, climate change and water functions into a single department to strengthen connections between the environment, community, industry and economy. It is tasked with ensuring that Victoria has the right conditions to enable economic growth, while delivering liveable, inclusive and sustainable communities.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
The position reports to the Manager of a designated Work Unit within, Application and Survey (APS) Branch, within Land Registry Services, Land Use Victoria. The primary focus of this role, as part of a team, is to capture land status information, into textual and graphical databases; to facilitate electronic searching and retrieval. The role will provide a significant training opportunity for the successful applicant to develop a range of skills and experience and you will also be required to participate in and complete competency-based training requirements for APS Project Officers within 12 months.
- Under direction investigate Crown land status records and record Crown land status data on the Victorian Online Title System – Crown Land Status Online (VOTS-CLSO) database. Investigate land status issues and provide authoritative land status and/or tenure history reports on parcels of Crown land.
- Participate in Land Registration Services competency based training programs and other on the job learning and development activities, to operate the Victorian On-Line Title System (VOTS), associated on-line image editing and other business systems.
- Under direction communicate land status and provide relevant advice to customers.
- With supervision; resolve Crown description and allotment boundary issues or anomalies, by investigating internal and external record systems and databases. Amend land records and databases as required. Assess, edit and verify Crown land status data and tenure history reports complied by research, support staff and perform consequential amendments.
- Interrogate land information systems or databases; generate reports and make recommendations to Manager where appropriate.
- Participate in the development and implementation of changes to work practices and procedures.
To participate in and complete competency-based training requirements for APS Project Officers within 12 months.
Specialist/Technical Expertise (desirable)
Exposure to land-related software packages.
These are fixed-term positions, for a period of 18 months, with the opportunity to become ongoing.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the key selection criteria and any job requirements specified in the position description.
For a confidential discussion on the role, please call Matthew Curtis, Work Unit Manager on (03) 9194 0459.
Applications close at 11:59 P.M. Monday, 28 January 2019.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: