Junior Town Planner
Aspect Personnel are working with a Council in North Melbourne to recruit a Statutory Planner for an initial 4-month Contract. This is a newly created contract role for a Band 5 Town Planner with a Council located in North Melbourne. The council is located in designated growth area of Victoria and they are seeking a statutory planner to join their team on an initial 4-month contract. Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Process applications of a complex nature in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Acts and Council policies
- Prepare concise and accurate reports to Council’s Delegate and to Council as required
- Support the team with counter and phone enquiries
- Contribute to team meetings relating to Victorian planning policy
- Liaise across the organisation and externally as necessary to ensure high quality pre-application advice, and advice throughout the application process.
- Relevant tertiary qualification to degree level in planning or a related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of planning issues
- Circa 6 months experience in a local government planning office
- Ability to analyse and interpret a wide range of complex information
- Ability to work as an effective team member of a multi-disciplinary team
- A healthy work/life balance.
- The opportunity to further develop your career within Local Government.
- A supportive and friendly team environment
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: