Telecommunications Traineeships X 3
Sunshine West, VIC
We have 3 exciting opportunities for those looking to commence their Telecommunications Traineeship!
We are on the lookout for motivated, committed and reliable talent - People who are wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training (and a certificate III) in Telecommunications Technology.
Who will you be working for?
Our client is one of the largest communications infrastructure companies in Victoria! They offer turnkey installation in house with widespread experience in the Telecommunications industry.
What will you be doing?
- Assist in providing new and existing conduits and ducts, flushing and repairing any blockages found;
- Assist feeding conduit with cable/rope/subduct to assist in the cable hauling on new subduct and/or fibre;
- Assist as directed in the loading, mobilisation and site set up of cable winch and equipment;
- Assist where and when required in the following methods of hauling:
- Rod and Rope
- Air Compressor
- Vac Truck Operation
- Report site/safety incidents, hazard IDs and near misses;
- Assist with completing daily pre-start checklists on all plant as required;
- Assist with maintaining plant and equipment;
- Assist with set up and mount fibre joint enclosures on all Telecommunications Carriers;
- Assist with labelling of all joints and trays, including sub rack in exchange locations;
- Assist with basic Joint Building, Splicing and Cable Preparation under supervision;
- Ensure all work tools are clean, tidy and in good working condition and accounted for at the end of the day.
What are we looking for?
- A strong desire to become qualified in Telecommunications
- Ability to undertake manual/physical work
- Punctual, reliable and energetic
- White card
- Previous experience working in a team
- Strong work etiquette
- Must have a driver’s licence and own transport
- Commitment and determination to complete a 3 Year Traineeship
What's in it for you?
- A Full-time job (38 hours)
- A nationally recognised qualification in Telecommunications Technology
- We will provide your PPE, so no need to purchase your own!
- One on one mentoring and support
- Weekly pay
- Great opportunities upon completion of your Traineeship
Established in 1993, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
So, what are you waiting for?
Make 2019 the year you launch your Telecommunications career and set the path to success! Apply Now! Any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact Elyse on (03) 8878 5427.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: