Junior Buyer / Expeditor
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Junior Buyer / Expeditor to join our team in the Melbourne Office. Reporting to the Supply Chain Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Procurement of Materials and Services in accordance with company procedures ensuring that all Procurement transactions are auditable and Purchase Orders are closed out expediently. This role would be specially focussed on Post award activities comprising Expediting of materials and vendor documentation , co-ordinating with relevant agencies for timely approval and payment of vendor Invoices and Close-out of Purchase Orders.
- Manage submission and timely turnaround of vendor documentation against Purchase Orders
- Manage the supplier invoicing process closely working with buyer’s, vendors and AP team for timely payment
- Manage close-out of Purchase orders as per company processes
- Driving the vendor registration and prequalification process, including expediting where necessary
- Ensuring all vendors registrations are renewed on schedule
- Provide procurement support to projects through the procurement and expedition of materials and vendor data on schedule and within cost to contribute to the successful delivery of multiple projects
- Manage and mitigate commercial issues with supplier
- Work closely with the Quality Department to assist with coordinating inspection requirements post PO placement
- Assisting with creating and managing schedules, budgets, forecasting, and reporting
- Ensuring compliance to clients execution plan and overall WOOD Supply-Chain Policies and Procedures
- Assisting with managing surplus materials through buy back agreements and / or surplus disposal plans
- Maintaining an auditable file of all purchase order documentation / correspondence
- Identify and report procurement cost saving initiatives.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified in Accounting, Commerce or similar discipline, with at least 3 years of resources industry experience
- High level of numerical aptitude
- Excellent stakeholder management abilities
- Advanced Microsoft Office user, particularly with Excel
- Experience in VPRM , Oracle,or SAP is preferable.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you’re an experienced Junior Buyer/Expeditor, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: