Business Traineeship (government Department) Melbourne Location
MEGT Recruitment and Management Services are currently recruiting for a Government Department located in Melbourne's Central Business District.
This is a real career start within a supportive environment, where the successful trainee will have the opportunity to develop their experience and skills on the job while working towards completing a Certificate III in Business, and becoming a qualified Administration Guru.
About the role:
In this role you will work within a dynamic administration team. You will learn about policy and administration processes, basic financials and other administrative focused tasks. Ideally the successful candidate will have previous customer service, retail or hospitality experience. Intermediate computer skills (email construction, browser navigation, able to find information in electronic databases) and strong communication skills will be advantageous, as well as literacy and numeracy skills for preparing written correspondence
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Executive Assistant in providing administrative and secretarial support to the branch.
- Liaise with senior management, branch heads, departmental staff, and other public and private sector agencies in order to collect or convey information and arrange meetings.
- Under direction, assess and prioritise incoming papers, print papers for meetings and take telephone enquiries, and follow up actions by processing correspondence, ensuring department requirements are met.
- Assist in maintaining record, filing and document management systems necessary to monitor and control papers and other information required for the branch.
- Work cooperatively with other support staff to provide a range of services to Senior Executives in the Department.
Key selection criteria:
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment, be efficient in meeting time frames and will display a strong commitment and willingness to learn. Strong communication (written and verbal) skills are required, together with sound computer skills. Any prior customer service or administration experience will be highly regarded.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present a professional, friendly and approachable image
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software and email systems
- Must have an enthusiastic and willing approach to learn new skills and help others
Don't miss out on this one! Apply to MEGT now, by sending your resume together with you covering letter, outlining how you meet the selection criteria, and state why you think you would be perfect for this job.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
For any enquiries, please contact Sally on 8878 5425.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: