Registered Nurse Aboriginal Cadetship Program
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic Aboriginal Nursing Cadet to join our Nursing Team on a temporary part time basis of two days per week for 20 weeks - commencing in April. This role will function as a Registered Undergraduate Student of Nursing (RUSON) within our clinical nursing services.
- Undertaking a Bachelor of Nursing, currently in 3rd year
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island background
- Ability to work two rotating shifts per week
Desirable but not essential
- A commitment to Austin Health values:
- Our actions show we care
- We bring our best
- Together we achieve
- We shape the future
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment,
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working with Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: