2020 General Medicine Advanced Trainee
- Exciting job opportunity for experienced doctors in training.
- Work with a group of dedicated speciality Physicians in General Medicine to provide safe high quality care.
- The role will require leadership of a junior team, close collaboration with other specialists and professions.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between, and we have recently opened the new 230-bed Monash Children's Hospital.
About Monash Doctors
There are more than 900 Junior Medical staff positions at Monash Health in over 200 medical specialties, to help grow your career. We offer unparalleled opportunities in Victoria's largest & most clinically diverse teaching health service.
About General Medicine
General Medicine provides an acute and general medicine service for Monash Health across its three acute care campuses. General Medicine is the largest single medical inpatient activity at Monash Health with approximately 15,000 inpatient episodes per year.
Inpatient services are supported by General Physicians at the following locations:
- General Medical Services at Monash Medical Centre are currently provided by 4 multidisciplinary teams largely across two wards. Advanced trainees will be responsible for direct acute and ongoing clinical care, as well as peri-operative and consult medicine, organisation of the RACP clinical exam and the opportunity to rotate through a night medical lead role providing leadership and mentoring opportunities. This is supported by both full-time staff specialists and VMOs.
- At Dandenong Hospital General Medicine admits a very diverse range of patients including a high volume of subspecialty presentations supported by full time and Visiting Medical Officer consultants in a collaborative inter-professional model of care.
- At Casey Hospital the General Medicine Unit provides acute general medical care in a high growth corridor and is supported by visiting consultants with a range of subspecialty expertise.
About the Role
The position of Advanced Trainee General Medicine Registrar at Monash Health is accredited by RACP; Monash Health is able to provide core General Medicine and selected subspecialty experience as well as rotations with high acuity.
The Advanced Trainee General Medicine Registrar will have the opportunity to develop skills and contribute to clinical research projects and quality improvement and clinical audit initiatives within General Medicine. They will participate in the General Medical component of the medical undergraduate educational experience for Monash University students in third and fifth year on a day to day basis. The appointee will be expected, in conjunction with their Unit head, to manage their own professional development in General Medicine and associated areas including research competency in preparation for their future career development.
As Registrar of the Unit you will have a significant responsibility and a complex role.
You will be required to undertake:
- Patient assessment and management in consultation with the treating consultant
- Participation in Medical Emergency Response Teams
- Patient care coordination
- Intern/HMO support, supervision, feedback and teaching
What we offer
- Salary packaging
- Onsite staff parking
- Discounted banking (BankVic)
- Onsite Gym
- Access to professional development courses and seminars
What you need
- A medical qualification (MBBS or equivalent) which is recognised for registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Trainee of relevant Medical college
- Motor vehicle driver license
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Working with Children's Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: