Train Driver Traineeship
- 44 week Paid Traineeship at $30.1820 per hour
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Job security that offers genuine career progression
Last year Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) commenced their campaign for new Trainee Train Drivers. We had thousands of applications for these roles and are currently working our way through these applications. Only 20% of our applicants were female.
We think a lot of great potential drivers may not be aware how committed MTM is to employing more female drivers, so this time around we are specifically calling our female applicants to put their name forward.
We receive lots of feedback from our female drivers that this is one of the best decisions they have made in their career and we agree. We know that having women participate in our organisation creates diversity and a better workplace for everyone.
This does not mean that we will not be hiring males into Traineeships in 2019. There have been many successful male applicants selected and will continue to hire males from our applicants.
We are looking for motivated and energetic females who:
- are committed to safety and Zero harm
- understand the importance of policies and procedures
- have a passenger focus and are passionate about delivering great service
- have effective analytical and problem solving skills
- are great communicators
- enjoy being part of a wider team and are also happy working independently
- are available to work shifts outside normal working hours, including weekends and public holidays
As a Trainee Train Driver your main priority will be to learn how to operate a variety of MTM’s trains in a safe, efficient and reliable manner across the Metro network.
In return, MTM provides:
- A competitive base salary and additional payments for working shift work
- 14 weeks paid parental leave, superannuation, and unpaid parental leave in the first 12 months
- A progressive workplace culture that walks to the walk on gender equality
- A 44 week paid traineeship that covers theory classroom based and practical ‘On-The-Job’ training
- Job security that offers genuine career progression for those dedicated to learn
- An inclusive workplace culture where train drivers have access to facilities that aid in work/life balance
- A myki card that allows free public transport in Victoria
If you are interested in applying, please follow the application process by clicking the link below. Applicants will receive an online assessment the next business day of which you will be asked to complete personality, verbal and logical reasoning assessments.
To take advantage of this opportunity please submit your application by 9am Monday 10th June 2019.
How to apply
Start your application by clicking the "begin" button and following the steps.
For more information, please check information here or contact Train.Driving@metrotrains.com.au.
Metro is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
Metro encourages all interested applicants to apply and only applicants with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: