MMVLLEN Internship Opportunity 2017
Are you interested in Social Work, Youth Work, Community Development, Project Management, Event Coordination or Admin?
Apply now to secure a place for an internship 2017!
Position Title: Community Services Internship
Area of work: Business administration, community development, youth or community work or project management
Duration & days: 1 day per week for 10 weeks negotiable (equals 80 hours)
The Youth Internships Initiative (YII) has been developed by MMVLLEN to provide invaluable work-experience and employment support to young people who are struggling to find employment. The project will support successful candidates to become job ready by providing internships that will teach practical and transferrable employment skills and business skills.
Interns will be matched with one of a number of community organisations based on their interests and the needs of the organisation. Interns will work closely with select staff members within the organisation, learning a range of skills revolving around project management.
The YII will provide additional support with professional mentoring, as well as with resume-writing and job applications. YII will also support interns to transition into further study or work at the end of the internship.
A number of positions are currently available. The first round of interns will begin in March 2017, with subsequent rounds continuing throughout the year.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
* Connection to the Maribyrnong or Moonee Valley local government areas (either live, study or participate in leisure activities in the areas)
* Aged between 16 – 24 years
* Currently unemployed (at the time of application)
* Computer literacy, preferably with skills in Microsoft Office and using the Internet including social media
* Enthusiasm for working and learning new skills
* Ability to complete varied tasks in a timely manner
* Capacity to develop problem-solving skills
* Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters
* Good people skills including good teamwork and communication skills
* Ability to develop and maintain working relationships
* Current enrolment or looking to enroll in a Certificate III or above in Business Administration, Project Management, Youth Work, Community Development or similar
* An understanding of the principles of not-for-profit organisations
Please note: This is a volunteer position. A daily allowance of $20 will provided.
For more information, please visit:
Applicants must submit an Expression of Interest form, which can be download via the link above.
Please send the Expression of Interest Form, a cover letter and resume to Ross O’Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any enquiries, contact the MMV LLEN on 9376 725.
s.82 of the Act which permits discrimination in the provision of special services or benefits to people with particular attributes where those services or benefits are provided to meet a special need or are provided to redress disadvantage suffered by those people in specific areas of activity