SBAT: Cert II in Business with AGA
Are you a Year 11or 12 (2016) student and interested in doing a Cert II in Business????
AGA are looking to employ 4 SBATs in Cert 2 in Business to work at our Deer Park office.
This is an excellent opportunity for 2 local students to Earn while they Learn and gain a head start on their careers by being a School Based Trainee while still completing their secondary school !!
What is a school based traineeship (SBAT)?
A school-based apprenticeship or traineeship (SBAT) arrangement combines part-time work, structured training with a registered training organisation and school studies.
SBAT is available to high school students in Years 10-12 and it enables them to gain a nationally recognised qualification and combine their school study with paid employment, as well as the opportunity to gain valuable work skills and increase future employment options. A SBAT may give students credit towards their Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL).
About the Program
The successful students will:
· The SBAT program will run for 40 weeks from Feb – December 2016
· Work 1 day per week at our Deer Park office (Wednesday or Friday)
· Attend training 1 day per week at our Skill Centre in Northcote (192 High St Northcote) - (Wednesday or Friday) !! Please ensure students are able to travel to Northcote 1 day per week for the training.
· Attend secondary school on the 3 days outside the program
· Undertake a Certificate II in Business and on successful completion receive a Certificate form our RTO
· Year 11 students will be paid $85 per day
· Year 12 students will be paid $94 per day
Some of the Tasks the SBATs may undertake
· Answer to client queries in a professional manner
· Attend to tasks directed by supervisor
· Ability to prioritise jobs when directed
· Cleaning and tidying the office environment
· Ability to consult with supervisor when unsure of policies and procedures in the workplace
· Assisting and observing in an office
· Produce basic documents
· Photocopying including troubleshoot basic printer issues: paper jams, out of paper issues
· Resolving mouse/keyboard issues
· Ad hoc duties such as filing, scanning, printing, archiving
About the Qualification
The students will undertake BSB20115 Certificate II in Business – below is a sample training plan:
BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
Contribute to health and safety of self and others
Deliver a service to customers
Work effectively in a business environment
Process & maintain workplace information
Communicate in the workplace
Produce simple word processed documents
Create and use spreadsheets
Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Organise and complete daily work activities
Work effectively with others
Use business technology
**Please note if student have already completed a VET Cert 2 in Business/Admin they will not be eligible for the program.
Please submit applications ASAP -Resume/Contact details to my email address and should you have any quires please don’t hesitate to contact me.
AGA – Business Development Co-ordinator
0408 404 605