Networking/PBX Systems Internship program - Melbourne, VIC
Location: Melbourne CBD
Duration: 12 weeks (2-3 days per week)
Classification: Networking / Telecommunications
About our client:
VoIPcloud Wholesale Group. (www.voipcloud.online) – is a fast-growing international
company operating in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, specialising in Unified Communications and business Voice over IP technologies.
Offering fully automated voice platforms to business end-users and wholesale solutions to managed service providers. We developed bespoke platforms in-house from unique cloud PBX systems to advanced live billing solutions, that gives the ability for businesses of any size to self-manage they cloud-hosted VoIP telephony system.
We are friendly team with our UK office located in Edgbaston, Birmingham and full-time employees in various parts of the world, currently assisting over 100,000 business endpoints.
Our primary focus is customer service and we are looking for qualified and experienced network engineer specialising in Asterisk-based VoIP systems.
Most of our solutions are VoIP/SIP based, however we have also recently added MS Skype for business suite into our portfolio.
Tappi have a mission to resolve the issue many students and graduates face: how can I get a job if I don’t have experience; and how can I get experience if I don’t have a job?
Our team have over 35 years of experience in the employability sector, helping people tackle this very issue. We specialise in internships and graduate recruitment, bridging the gap between study and work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic IT or networking graduate, with excellent communication skills and learning abilities, who is looking for a part time or voluntary role to gain experience within the field. For someone who wants to progress into a career within the telecommunications industry, and work closely with our engineering team members, gaining real-world experience, learning new technologies utilised within the telecommunications
Your key task will be working with our engineering team to diagnose networking and GUI faults for end customers and wholesale partners throughout the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. Learning new technologies during fault finding, as well as business practices used for deployment, configuration and fault finding of PBX solutions.
Ongoing opportunities exist for the right candidates to develop their knowledge and skills as a Level 1 Engineer.
Benefits of the program:
As part of the placement, the successful applicant will receive:
- Certificate upon completion
- Structured placement meeting study requirements and professional learning guidelines
- Enrolment into our IKAN employability learning modules throughout placement
- Guidance and mentoring from senior staff
- Practical experience working with an established Australian business
Anticipated learning outcomes:
- Fast track your experience working with an industry leader
- Gain first-hand skills and knowledge in the telecommunications sector
- Supervision and mentoring from industry experts
- Increased knowledge in PBX systems and protocol
What Are We Looking For:
- Have a willingness to learn in a dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and process focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Experienced with Microsoft suite including excel
- Networking related qualification/s (or on the pathway to completion)
- Commit to 2-3 days a week for a professional internship.
- Working between Monday to Friday each week. Days negotiable.
How To Apply:
Applicants please attach your current resume and covering letter to apply for this role and send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this role is sponsored by the client and fees do not exist for the successful candidate.